Welcome to 2018-2019! Everyone here at Rock Prairie is excited to meet our students tomorrow and kick-off the year in style. I want to pass along quite a bit of information (and most of this will be cross-posted on the website and Facebook pages, as well) about the first week or two:
- The doors open each day at 7:15. For the first two days of school, you are welcome to walk your students directly to their classroom. Starting on Wednesday, August 22nd, if you arrive before 7:40, you can walk your child to the gymnasium. At 7:40, students are dismissed by grade level to their “pod” area.
- I am attaching some screenshots of the arrival and dismissal areas, but I do want to highlight that the “front” parking lot area for car riders is a right turn only area to enter. You may drop off students from the right hand lane only; the left hand lane is for folks who wish to park or folks pulling around. The teacher parking lot is for buses and teachers only.
- For the first few days of school, we will begin the dismissal process around 2:55 instead of 3:05 to try and go through the process and still be finished around 3:30 or so. As we work our way towards the end of the week, we will move to the normal 3:05 time.
- Remember, we have two goals for arrival and dismissal- safety and efficiency. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we get the entire school community used to the process and work to make each day better.
- Lunches- we are asking that parents do not come to lunch for the first week of school as we work through our lunchroom procedures and expectations, check on times, etc. Starting on the 27th, you are welcome to join your child. If you do come at lunch, we will continue to have a separate seating area for you and your child. We also ask that no other children be asked to join you.
- If you have not had a chance to find out your child’s teacher, we will have a table set up in the foyer the first two mornings to assist you in that process.
- Remember- starting on Monday, August 27th, all visitors to the building will need to check in at the office starting at 7:15. We are giving the first week as a “grace period,” but will start the new policy soon thereafter. If you are planning on walking your child into the building past the foyer, you may want to factor in a little extra time for the check in process. Thank you for your understanding as we continue to put in new processes to make the campus safer for all.
Quite a bit to digest, and this is only the first week! Again, we cannot emphasize enough how much we are looking forward to tomorrow, and all the days to come in this school year. See everyone soon!
Principal- Rock Prairie Elementary